NAVIGATING THE SKIN CARE AISLE ONLINE TOOL
(Last updated March 2, 2023)
Welcome to the CANADIAN PSORIASIS NETWORK (sometimes referred to as “the Psoriasis Network”, “the Network”, “CPN”, “we,” “us”, or “our” herein) “NAVIGATING THE SKIN CARE AISLE” ONLINE TOOL (the “Tool’), located at https://www.canadianpsoriasisnetwork.com/nsca/ (the “Site”).
You may use the Service only in compliance with this Agreement and the applicable provincial, national, and international laws, rules and regulations. In order to use the Tool, you must be 13 years of age or older. By using the Tool, you represent and warrant that you (i) are 13 years of age or older, (but if under the age of majority in their province/territory of residence (each, a “Minor”) you have permission from your parent/legal guardian to use the Tool and be bound by these Terms, (ii) are a legal resident of Canada, (iii) have not been previously suspended or removed from the Tool or Site, or engaged in any activity that could result in removal or suspension from the Tool or Site, and (iv) have full power and authority to enter into these Terms (if a Minor, you have parental or legal guardian consent) and in so doing will not violate any other agreement to which you are a party.
If you are using the Tool on behalf of any entity, you represent and warrant that you are authorized to accept these Terms on such entity’s behalf and that such entity agrees to be responsible to us if you or such entity violates these Terms. If you are a Minor in your province or territory, your parent or legal guardian must enter into this Agreement on your behalf and will be responsible for your use and access to the Service.
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE CPN “NAVIGATING THE SKIN CARE AISLE” ONLINE TOOL
You will not have access to all of the same services, features, functionality, content or information through the Tool as you may through the CPN Site (including your online message centre, notices, legal and privacy terms, links and account information) and you must access the Tool through the CPN website and agree to these Terms prior to using the Tool.
- No Medical Advice. This Tool was designed for informational and educational purposes only and NOT for the purpose of providing product recommendations or rendering medical advice. CPN shall not be liable for the use the any information generated by the Tool. Use of the Tool is not for medical advice purposes. Individual variances in psoriasis cases require the consultation of a physician to make sound medical decisions. The information and content provided in this Tool are for informational purposes only and are not intended to replace the counsel, medical advice, diagnosis or treatment of your physician. It is important to see your physician or qualified healthcare provider before altering anything in your treatment plan. Any of the information contained within the CPN’s Site or this Tool is not presented as a substitute for informed medical advice. Users of this Tool should not engage in self-diagnosis nor act on information contained in the Tool without seeking specific advice on the particular matters which are of concern to them from qualified health professionals and advisors. Some of the information contained in the Tool has been provided from external sources. While efforts have been made to ensure the accuracy, currency, and reliability of the content, the CPN accepts no responsibility in that regard.
- No Endorsement. The CPN does not endorse any medications, products, equipment or treatments for psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis.
- Access and Use of the Tool.
- CPN hereby grants you a limited, non-exclusive license to access, use and to download results generated by the Tool solely for your personal, non-commercial use. As a condition of your use of this Tool, you warrant to the CPN that you will not use the Tool for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms and Conditions. You may not reverse engineer, deconstruct, disassemble or decompile any software or technology underlying the Tool or provided through the Tool, except to the extent permitted by applicable law. If you breach any of these Terms and Conditions, your authorization to use this Tool shall automatically terminate. The contents of the Tool may not be distributed, modified, reproduced, or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written consent of the CPN. Except as provided in these Terms and Conditions, any use of these materials on any other website or networked computer environment for any purpose is prohibited.
- Updates. In its sole discretion, CPN may from time-to-time revise these Terms and Conditions by updating this Tool or Site. You should, therefore, periodically visit this page to review the current Terms and Conditions, so you are aware of any such revisions to which you are bound. Certain provisions of these Terms and Conditions may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages within this Tool. We suggest retaining a copy of the Terms and Conditions for your future reference. It is your responsibility to periodically visit the “Terms and Conditions” link on the Tool to review the most current version of the Terms and Conditions.
- Termination of Tool. CPN may, without prior notice, change the Tool, stop providing the Tool or features of the Tool (to you or generally), or create usage limits for the Tool. CPN may permanently or temporarily terminate or suspend your access to the Tool without notice or liability to CPN, for any reason or for no reason, including if in CPN’s sole determination you violate any provision of this Agreement. Upon termination of this Agreement or your access to the Tool for any reason or no reason, you will continue to be bound by the terms of this Agreement which, by their nature, should survive termination, including without limitation ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity, and limitations of liability.
- Social Media Access. Additional functionality provided within the Tool may also made available through different social media platforms such as but not limited to Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter (referred to as “Connect tools”). You must have an active account with these social media platforms in order to access the Tool through Connect tools, and you hereby represent and warrant that you have read and agreed to be bound by all applicable policies provided by the social media platforms and will act in accordance with those policies, in addition to your obligations under this Agreement. If you access the Tool through a Connect tool, CPN may require that your CPN user ID be the same as your user name for the social platform used. If you sign into CPN through a Connect tool, you will provide your social platform account credentials to CPN, and you are consenting to have the information in that account transmitted into your CPN account, and you agree that you shall only use the social platform accounts owned by you, and not by any other person or entity.
- Ownership. The Tool is owned and operated by the Canadian Psoriasis Network. All services, content, text, graphics, images, audio clips, logos, icons, data, information created by CPN or obtained from CPN’s licensors, and other materials on or directly accessible from the Tool or contained within the Tool (collectively, “Content“) are owned by the CPN, its subsidiaries, affiliates, licensors and/or vendors. Title to the Content remains with CPN or its licensors. Any special rules for the use of certain software and other items accessible within the CPN Tool may be included elsewhere within the Tool and are incorporated into these Terms and Conditions by reference. Content and other features are subject to change or termination without notice in the editorial discretion of CPN. Any use of the Content not expressly permitted by these Terms and Conditions is a breach of these Terms and Conditions and may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws. Violation of any of these Terms and Conditions will automatically terminate your right to use the Content and the Tool and you must immediately destroy any copies you have made of any portion of the Content.
- Copyright. The Tool is protected by Canadian and international copyright and trademark laws. Content posted on this Tool is protected by Canadian copyright laws and in foreign countries. All rights not expressly granted by these Terms and Conditions or any other agreement with the CPN are reserved by CPN and/or its vendors and licensors. Any copies that you make of material or other content provided through the Tool or any downloaded content from the Tool to any single computer, must keep intact all copyright, trademark, and other copyright and proprietary rights notices that are contained in the Content such as: “©2023, Canadian Psoriasis Network. All rights reserved”.
- Trademarks. Canadian Psoriasis Network and other names and logos used for CPN or its products or services are CPN’s trademarks in Canada and other countries. CPN’s trademarks may not be used without CPN’s prior written permission, including, without limitation, for or in connection with any product or service or in any manner that could cause potential confusion among customers or that disparages CPN or its products or services. Trademarks and trade names on the Site and Tool that are not owned by CPN are the property of third parties, who may or may not be affiliated with CPN. Reference to any products, services, processes or other information by name, trademark, manufacturer, suppliers or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation by CPN.
- No Framing. You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to use, surround or enclose any portion of the Tool without CPN’s express written consent.
- Jurisdictional Issues. CPN is based in the province of Ontario, Canada with principal offices in the City of Toronto. This Tool is controlled and operated by CPN from its offices within Ontario, Canada. CPN makes no claims or representation that materials in the Tool are appropriate or available for use in other locations or may be downloaded outside of Canada. Those who choose to access this Site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local or national laws, if and to the extent local or national laws are applicable. Access to the Content may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the CPN Tool from outside Canada, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for compliance with the laws of your jurisdiction.
- Dispute Resolution. You expressly agree that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute with CPN, or in any way relating to your use of the CPN Tool, resides in the courts of the Province of Ontario, and more specifically the City of Toronto, and you further agree and expressly consent to the exercise of personal jurisdiction in the courts of the Province of Ontario in connection with any such dispute including any claim involving CPN or its affiliates, subsidiaries, employees, contractors, officers, directors, telecommunication providers, and content providers. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the internal substantive laws of the Province of Ontario, without respect to its conflict of laws principles. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions, which shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver of any of these Terms and Conditions shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or condition or any other term or condition.
- Warranty Disclaimer. This Tool and the Content or information contained within it or any site-related service, is provided on an “as is” basis with all faults, with no representations or warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, quiet enjoyment, quality of information, title/non-infringement. CPN, ITS LICENSORS, AND ITS SUPPLIERS, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES’ RIGHTS, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Without limiting the foregoing, CPN, its licensors, and its suppliers make no representations or warranties about the following:
- The accuracy, reliability, completeness, correctness, or timeliness of the Content, software, links, or communications provided on or through the use of the CPN Tool or CPN.
- The satisfaction of any government regulations requiring disclosure of information on prescription drug products or the approval or compliance of any software tools with regard to the Content contained on the Tool
- Limitation of Liability. Your use of the CPN Tool and the Content is at your own risk. When using the Tool, information will be transmitted over a medium that may be beyond the control and jurisdiction of CPN and its suppliers. Accordingly, CPN assumes no liability for or relating to the delay, failure, interruption, tampering, pirating or corruption of any data or other information transmitted in connection with use of the CPN Tool. You assume total responsibility and risk for your use of this Tool, Tool-related services, and hyper-linked websites. No oral or written information received from you by the CPN or oral or written information or advice given by the CPN, or an authorized representative, shall create a warranty or in any way increase the scope of this warranty. In no event will CPN be responsible for damage(s) sustained by any visitor to the website resulting from infection, contamination or other destructive property passed on to the visitor’s computer system as a result of visiting the Tool. The CPN and its affiliates, suppliers, vendors, licensors, and other third-parties mentioned within the Tool are neither responsible nor liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, exemplary, punitive, or other damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, those resulting from lost profits, lost data, or business interruption) arising out of or relating in any way to the Tool, Tool-related services and products, content or information contained within the Tool, and/or any hyper-linked website, whether based on warranty, contract, tort, or any other legal theory and whether or not advised of the possibility of such damages. Your sole remedy for dissatisfaction with the Tool, Tool-related services, and/or hyper-linked websites is to stop using the Tool and/or those services. Applicable law may not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
- Accuracy and Integrity of Information. Although CPN attempts to ensure the integrity and accurateness of the information contained in the Tool, it makes no guarantees whatsoever as to the correctness or accuracy of the Tool. It is possible that the Tool may contain typographical errors, inaccuracies or other errors, and that unauthorized additions, deletions and alterations could be made to the Tool by third parties. If an inaccuracy arises, please inform us so that it can be corrected. Information contained on the Tool may be changed or updated without notice.
- Your License to Us. Any communications or material of any kind that you e-mail, post, or transmit through the Tool (excluding personally identifiable information), including, questions, comments, suggestions, and other data and information (your “Communications”) will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. You grant the CPN a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, world-wide, irrevocable license to reproduce, transmit, display, disclose, and otherwise use your Communications on the Tool or elsewhere for our business purposes. We are free to use any ideas, concepts, techniques, know-how in your Communications for any purpose, including, but not limited to, the development and use of products and services based on the Communications. You hereby waive any copyright or moral rights in connection with any Communications.
- Your Communications. CPN may, but is not obligated to, monitor or review any areas of the Tool where user Communications may be made available, including, but not limited to, chat rooms, bulletin boards, and other user forums. CPN, however, will have no liability related to the content of any such Communications, whether or not arising under the laws of copyright, defamation, privacy, obscenity, or otherwise. CPN retains the right to remove, in its sole discretion, Communications that include any material deemed abusive, defamatory, obscene, or otherwise inappropriate without notice. CPN cannot and does not assume any responsibility or liability for any information you submit, or your or third parties’ use or misuse of information transmitted or received using CPN tools and services
- Acceptable Use Policy. You may not transmit any material on or through the Tool that (a) restricts any other user’s enjoyment of the Tool, (b) is unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, profane or otherwise offensive, (c) constitutes or encourages criminal conduct, gives rise to civil liability, or otherwise violates any law, (d) violates or infringes the rights of any third party including, without limitation, patent, copyright, trademark, privacy or any other proprietary right, (e) contains a virus or other harmful component, or (f) contains false or misleading indications of origin or statements of fact. CPN reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation, government request, court order, subpoena or other legal process, or to edit or remove any information, in whole or in part, that in CPN’s sole discretion is objectionable, disruptive to the Tool or in violation of these Terms and Conditions.
- Remedy. CPN reserves the right to immediately suspend your access to the Tool in the event of any violation of any provision of these Terms.
- Links or Pointers to Other Sites. CPN makes no representations whatsoever about any other websites (third-party websites) that you may access through this Tool. CPN is under no obligation to verify the accuracy of the content of the other websites and CPN does not endorse, warrant, promote, or recommend services or products that may be offered by or accessed through such third-party websites. When you access a non-CPN site or tool, please understand that it is independent from CPN, and that CPN has no control over the content on that website or tool. In addition, a hyper-link to a non-CPN website or service does not mean that CPN endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content, or the use, of the linked site. It is up to you to take precautions to ensure that whatever you select for your use or download is free of such items as viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other items of a destructive nature. If you decide to access any of the third-party sites linked to this Tool, you do this entirely at your own risk and subject to the conditions of use for such sites.
- Indemnity. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold CPN, its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, and suppliers, harmless from and against any claims, actions or demands, liabilities and settlements including without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, resulting from, or alleged to result from: (a) your use of the Tool, (b) any User information you post or upload, (c) your use of or reliance on any Content, or (d) your violation of these Terms and Conditions.
- Entire Agreement. Except as provided below, these Terms and Conditions and any updates thereto constitute the entire agreement between CPN and you pertaining to the subject matter hereof.
- Survival. The following provisions shall survive the expiration or termination of this Agreement for any reason whatsoever: Liability, User Submissions, User Submissions – image, video, audio files, Indemnity, Jurisdiction, Complete Agreement and this Survival provision.
Questions about these Terms and Conditions, the Tool or the Site? Please contact us at email@example.com