Remember to go through this process at least once a year, or whenever something changes in your life that makes you realize you need to reconsider your goals or treatment options.
Finally, please remember that it is very important that you tell your health care team about your experiences with your treatment(s).
In particular, let them know if:
- you respond well to the treatment they recommended and it helps you achieve your goal(s);
- you do not respond to the treatment;
- the treatment stops working for you or becomes less effective over time;
- you experience any negative effects from the treatment;
- you experience any negative effects when a new treatment is introduced and combined with other treatments; or
- anything else affecting your ability to stick to your treatment.
Last updated July 24, 2020.